Shadow’s Overall Rating: God Status— Best Batman movie ever made.
Shadow’s Theater Rating: 10/10
Shadow’s Rewatchability Rating: 10/10
Rotten Tomatoe’s Rating: 85%
Plot in a Nutshell: Batman origin story done really really well and about as realistic as you can get with a human super hero who dresses as a bat and is a ninja.
Batman is also one of the most overdone superheros out there movie wise. Nolan still found a way to do this in an original way and in a better way.
This is an extremely dark, gritty Batman origin story (even for Batman). It is the best portrayal of Gotham given in any movie so far and is the best origin story produced on screen.
The movie moves at a good pace without glossing over anything or getting stuck in any particular point like TDK. There aren’t any huge plot holes or anything of the sort. And all the acting except Rachel Dawes is top notch and was casted perfectly. Bale plays a great Bruce Wayne and I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head who could do it better. He really embodied who Bruce Wayne is.
The villains, the Scarecrow, Ras al Ghul, and the mob is a refreshing change from the likes of the Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, ect. Good to see some lesser known villains get some screen time. Nolan also made them more realistic to an extent, for better or worse.
This is just a great freaking movie. One of the best comic book adaptations ever.
Pros, cons, spoilers after the jump.
– Katie Holmes sucks as an actor.
– I wish they would have shown Bruce actually coming up with more inventions instead of Lucius.
– Errr… what happened to the Narrows? All the cops, poor people, and psychopaths were over there killing each other.
– Why the hell did Bruce’s parents walk out of the opera into the freaking ghetto?
– I think the tumbler looks dumb.
– Bale played a great Bruce Wayne. He works perfectly for that part. And he buffed up enough as well.
– This is a great origin story and it was nice to see the Ras and the Scarecrow as villains.
– Alfred was played perfectly and I liked the character of Fox as well. Ras was played great as well. All around, except for Dawes, the acting was fucking perfect.