Marvel has been releasing teaser posters for the upcoming Avengers vs X-men mega event. And while these match ups are not going to happen 100% (they are just teasers), I thought it would be cool to go over each one quickly and make a prediction on who I think would/should win. It is my blog I can do what I want.
After the jump, because there are 2000000 pictures.
– Hand to hand, I think these two are basically even. This all comes down to who hits who with their arrow or optic blast. Cyclop’s optic blast has been shown to level mountains in the past and destroy Sentinels and such. He is also a master of bouncing it off multiple walls to hit his target. Hawkeye is a dead-eye marksmen, but his arrows will pack less of a punch and could be destroyed in mid air unless he has some sort of Adamantium/Vibranium tipped arrows.
Verdict: Cyclops via incineration: He knocks all the arrows out of the air and unleashes on Hawkeye.
– This one is hard to call because Iceman’s powers fluctuate so frequently. At his best, he is nearly unstoppable with unlimited power and is believed to be essentially immortal. But that side of him comes out like twice a year. Spider-Man has his spider sense back AND is a kung-fu master now.
Verdict: Spider-Man via KO. At this best, Iceman would destroy Spider-Man, but I that comes out so rarely that Spidey gets in close and kung-fu kicks him in the face.
– Rogue’s only power is to mimic other powers through touch, which makes this impossible to call. It all depends on what mutant is around. Hell, she could get the regeneration powers of Wolverine, optic blasts from Cyclops, Emma Frost’s telepathy, Magneto powers, ect ect or she could get some puny shit from some Morlock.
Verdict: n/a… this is impossible to call. Too many variables
– Beast is faster, more agile, and much smarter than Cage. Luke Cage is super strong and has impenetrable skin and has taken fighting lessons under Iron Fish. Beast will get a lot more hits in, but the problem is I don’t see how Beast hurts Cage.
Verdict: Luke Cage via KO
– This fight is all kinds of weird, starting with the fact that Hulk isn’t even an Avenger right now and hasn’t been in ages. But anyway, Emma Frost’s only chance is to get inside Hulk’s head from a distance and hope to shut him down and possibly turn him back to Banner. The problem? For one, the Hulk isn’t with Banner at the moment and two, the Hulk’s mind is extremely hard to tamper with due to his multiple personalities and his rage. Emma has NOTHING to offer the Hulk physically as he has stood toe-to-toe with the strongest people in the MU. Her diamond form wouldn’t be able to withstand the Hulks power.
Verdict: Hulk via Hulk Smash. Emma is getting shattered.
– This fight is all kinds of weird as well. They both have “charm” like powers, so I think that cancels out. Gambit is a much better hand-to-hand fighter and has been called one of the best by someone (can’t remember, maybe Sinister). He can also make himself faster and of course, throw shit that explodes. Spider-Women is no slouch her self as she can shoot shit too.. but it won’t be enough. Gambit is too fast and has too many weapons.
Verdict: Gambit via Bo staff to the face
– Hmmm, interesting as Archangel doesn’t even exist at the moment. Anyway though, I think Daredevil is too fast and acrobatic to get hit by AA arrows and I think that will enable him to get up close and kick some ass. He is much better hand to hand.
Verdict: Daredevil via KO
– This one is easy to call. Anything Storm can do, the God of Thunder can do as well. But then add on that Thor is one of the most physically powerful beings in the MU and is virtually resistant to damage. Hell, just recently, Thor has defeated two of the Worthy at the same time (while the rest of Earth’s super heroes were getting smashed), killed the Serpent, and went toe-to-toe with the Silver Surfer in all his glory.
Verdict: Thor by Mjolnir smash
– This seems 100% unfair on paper. Ironman against the master of magnetism? But from what I understand, Ironmans suit and body are some sort of weird metal thing that Magento can’t control. But what Magneto CAN control is every bit of metal in the area, to be used as a projectile or however he wants. Dude recently stop an earthquake but stabilizing the whole city.
Verdict: Magneto via hitting Ironman with lots of metal
– Wolverine is the “best there is at what he does” and does it with his Adamantium claws, skeleton, and ridiculous healing factor. Oh, and he is a master at martial arts and has super hearing and smell. Captain America is definitely no slouch himself, and has a shield that can actually stop Adamantium. But how do you beat someone in a fight that is essentially unkillable? Especially when Logan can go into bezerker rage.
Verdict: Wolverine via Snikt! Cap will get more hits in, but it only takes one from Logan.
– Two tanks going at it but this one isn’t fair. Colossus vs. Thing alone would probably be a win for Colossus, but when you add the powers of the Juggernaut to Colossus this isn’t even fair. Not only does it make Colossus stronger and invulnerable to mental attacks, but it makes him enjoy the fight and feel the rage of the Cytorrak. Hell, he defeated a Worthy with these powers.
Verdict: Colossus via destruction
– This battle is a wash if Black Widow doesn’t have some sort of tech to keep Psylocke out of her head. Widow’s best attribute is being a master spy but this is hand-to-hand combat, not espionage. I think Psylocke wins no matter the scenario. She is head of Utopia’s security and a member of X-Force for a reason.
Verdict: Psylocke via mind crush or beat down