Transformers 4: Age of Extinction– I really have no idea where this story goes but at its worse, there will be robot fights, Optimus Prime, Dinobots, and no little annoying cunt bag. Really needs a trailer to get me excited.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles– I really don’t trust Michael Bay here. Like at all. There are no explosions to be had… what use will he be? Withotu a trailer, I can’t get too excited about this.
Expendables 3– This JUST missed the cut. Just barely. Expendables was meh. Expendables 2 was awesome. This one adds Wesley Snipes! and a jacked Mel Gibson. Can it recapture the magic of 2 or has this ship sailed?
And here we go into the top 10…
#10- Hercules: The Thracian Wars
– I am going out on a limb here due to the fact I haven’t seen a trailer. But, the little bit of information I have read has me excited that The Rock can bring a real Hercules to the stage. I am intrigued enough that it sneaks into the top 10.
#9- Amazing Spider-Man 2
– Something is just… missing with this movie. Usually a comic book movie would be much higher on the list. It should be higher up but I am just not THAT excited about it and I liked the first one. Something about Electro… I don’t know. But anyway, the first one was good and this one seems like it will be solid AND introduce more facets to the Spider-Man movie universe.
– My excitement before the trailer was… minimal. Still having flash backs to that awful remake. Then I saw the trailer, saw the size of Godzilla, and heard the trademark scream… and I was sold. This movie looks intense and awesome and we haven’t even seen the second monster yet.
#7- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
– Rise was a great movie that seems to get better every time I watch it. The teaser trailer for Dawn was awesome. I expect big things from this movie and really think it will deliver.
#6- 300: Rise of an Empire
– Just missing the top 5 cut is a movie that showed up on last years list somehow (did it get pushed back? I can’t remember). This movie looks downright awesome as it is channeling the first one but adding a navel battle to it. Can the Athenian hero put on a performance to rival Leonidas? If so, this movie could be the movie of the year. THAT is how good 300 is.
Ok, into the top 5. The movies that tempt me to show up at 12:01 on a Thursday night when I have to get up at 6 AM the next morning. This offers some really intriguing movies. Not as big as last years (which featured heavy hitters like Iron Man, Thor, Superman, and Wolverine) but definitely some interesting and great looking movies.
#5- The Raid 2: Berandel
– The first Raid was only barely released in the US and caught the world by surprise with its downright brutal martial arts. It was simply… brutal and absolutely awesome. Hopefully, the Raid 2 keeps the brutality while still remaining fresh. The trailer was downright awesome and I absolutely cannot wait for this movie, subtitles and all.
#4- X-Men: Days of Future Past
– This movie scares and excites me at the same time. The first two X-men movies were good. The next two were not. Then First Class swung the pendulum back. Can X-men ride that momentum while balancing a huge cast of mutants and a relatively difficult plot involving time travel? We will see. But the fact we are finally getting real Sentinels on screen increases my excitement.
#3- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
– I expect nothing but greatness. This movie seems different from the other Marvel movies. It is described as a “political thriller” and supposedly is the most important movie in regards to Age of Ultron. Plus… the Winter Soldier. I just don’t see how this movie won’t be great.
#2- Guardians of the Galaxy
– This makes it here based on pure intrigue and curiosity. Can Marvel really make this work? I have no idea what to expect at all. And that is a bit exciting to be honest. A completely original set of characters and I have no idea what is going to happen. I barely even know anything about them and have read about them only a little in the comic books. In Marvel I trust.
#1- The Hobbit: There and Back Again
– The Hobbit once again claims the top spot. I have mentioned it 100 times, but this final chapter has the chance to be the most exciting and epic chapter of ALL the LotR movie. That is how awesome this could be if Jackson plays his cards right. We get Smaug going to Laketown, the army of orcs, the Necromancer and Gandolph conclusion, ect. This could be one of the best movies ever. And this will likely be the last movie we ever get that features the LotR universe 😦