The Summer movie season is over (for me anyway). So let us get down to some awards…
Summer movie season = May through August. Technically, Marvel expanded the movie season by puting a movie in April but… May through August it is!
Best Overall Movie (combining theater experience and rewatchability), Best Comic Book Movie: X-Men: Days of Future Past
– This movie was just great all around, both on the action front and the emotional impact AND the impact on the franchise as a whole.
– Runner Up: Guardians of the Galaxy
The other awards after the jump…
Best Original Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy
– This movie was fun as hell. The only reason it isn’t at the top of the overall list for the whole year is because this year has been AWESOME for movies.
– Runner Up: Edge of Tomorrow
Best Sequel: X-Men: Days of Future Past
– Runner Up: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Best Non-Comic Book Movie: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
– This movie was even better than the first and the CGI acting in it was simply epic.
– Runner Up: Edge of Tomorrow
Biggest Disappointment: Amazing Spider-Man 2
– The more I think about this movie the more I don’t like it and if you go back to the movie review… I actually lowered its score. Way too much repetitive emotion shit, way too much failed world building and not enough Spidey vs Villain action and not enough depth to villains that should have been really really deep (Harry)
– Runner Up: Transformers: Age of Extinction
Biggest Disappointment (that I didn’t see): Expendables 3
– Just for being PG13. Fucking Slack Jawed Faggots.
Biggest Surprise: Edge of Tomorrow
– This was just a great sci-fi movie that caught me totally off guard. I don’t like Tom Cruise and the trailers made it seem kind of generic but it was anything but.
– Runner Up: Hercules
Biggest Bad Ass: Godzilla in Godzilla
– Dude spent the whole movie hunting down two other monsters, and when he found them, he fucking killed them brutally. Das it mane.
– Runner Up: Hercules in Hercules
Most Jacked: The Rock in Hercules
– Seriously man, dude is 90’s action star jacked.
– Runner Up: Dave Bautista in Guardians of the Galaxy
Best Villain: Koba in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
– Easily the most layered and somewhat relatable villain this year. You understood his motivations and his hate… but was glad when he got what he deserved at the end anyway.
– Runner Up: Ronan the Accuser in Guardians of the Galaxy
Best Single Character: Groot and Rocket (tie) in Guardians of the Galaxy
– Sorry, I refuse to separate the two.
Worst Decision: Dinobots in Transformers: Age of Extinction
– There is absolutely no reason they were only in the movie for basically 10 fucking minutes. All the advertising centered on them… and then you sit through a god awful long movie and get to see them for 10 fucking minutes! FUCK YOU!
– Runner Up: Barely showing Godzilla in Godzilla
Best Fight: Godzilla vs 2 MUTO in Godzilla
– This made the whole freaking movie. It teased and teased and teased and at least it delivered after teasing for 2 hours.
– Runner Up: Koba vs Caesar in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes